A Note from the General Manager
Well it surely has been an eventful year ! I would like to wish all of our member’s and supporters a wonderful holiday season, and a prosperous and successful 2017.
Here is some of our achievements over the last twelve months:
- Launched the New Eros Journal, bringing back an industry specific publication to the Adult Retail and Entertainment Industry.
- Updated the Eros Website, allowing member’s to easily retrieve information and advice, including legislative information and latest news.
- Appeared before the Senate Committee into Personal Choice and Freedoms, where we raised industry concerns over the lack of movement on classification of X-rated material.
- Met with the Classification Branch from the Department of Communications, fostering a working relationship and industry consultation on classification issues.
- Created a working group around the changes to Vaping legislation, including consultation with Vape Traders, Members of Parliament, and affiliated Associations, such as the New Nicotine Alliance.
- Rallied on the steps of Parliament of Victoria to protest the changes to the Tobacco Legislation that disadvantaged vape traders and consumers alike.
- Called on the ACT Human Rights Commissioner to investigate the discrimination the adult industry is experiencing from the Banks.
Just to name a few from 2016…….
And in 2017 we are not slowing down with some targeted campaigns surrounding discrimination, including wage subsidy discrimination and banking services; the porn debate as the industry responds to the wave of negative claims; further website development including online training for members and their staff; and a continued push towards classification reform.
I look forward to working with you all in the New Year.